Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trying Red

For a long time, I've wished I had the courage to try to dye my hair red, just to see what it would look like. And I could never get the courage to do it. I've done highlights before and liked those, and I'm usually pretty brave when it comes to trying new hair styles, but for some reason I haven't been brave with going red.

The other night I was telling Bryce about that, how I've always kind of wanted to try red. He said, "You should get some red hair color and buy a box of brown too, then if you don't like the red, you can just color it back to brown." Seriously, it had never occurred to me to do that. I knew I could color it back if I didn't like it, but I always kind of thought I'd have to go to the store with my ugly color on my head to buy a new box to fix it.

Anyway, yesterday I was at the store with my 3 youngest kids, and since I was over by that section anyway, I stopped to look at the hair color. I picked up the box of red and asked them if I should color my hair red. Daniel got really excited and said I should, so I decided I could go ahead and buy a box. I picked up a box of brown too, just in case.

Then I got home and debated for a couple of hours if I really wanted to try it. I don't know why it made me so nervous to try. Maybe it's because I've never colored my own hair, and red is a bolder color and isn't quite the same thing as highlights, where most of my hair is still its original color.

Then I finally decided to jump in and do it. My kids were fascinated watching me, and kept coming back to check on me and see what was going on. So far I like it. It's not that much different, so more subtle. Ben and Alex didn't even notice until I asked them if they thought my hair looked different.

So anyway, here are a few pictures I took to show what my hair looks like:


2 comments:

Mom-T said...

My computer must have something wrong with its color cause I can't tell any difference. You look cute anyway - how do YOU like it? Did Bryce notice? Are you going to keep it?

Stacey said...

It's hard to tell the difference in pictures, and a lot of times it still looks brown when I look in the mirror until I get in more light. I do like it, but am still getting used to it. Sometimes I feel like I'm dressing up for Halloween.
Bryce did notice and says it looks good.
I'll keep it like this for a bit, but I don't know how long.