The day I was feeling better, I was also feeling pretty ambitious, so I moved all the furniture in my bedroom to make room for a large entertainment center some friends had given us, then I moved that into our room and set it up. It makes my bedroom look a little smaller, but since my bedroom is at least as big as our living room in our last house, we've still got plenty of room in there.
Here are a few pictures:



And this one cracks me up, but it's one of Abby's favorite things to do lately. She climbs in one of the cabinets and then yells at me, "Mom, shut the doors! I'm hiding from you!"

And because Abby started climbing out of her crib this week, I decided to move the toddler bed into her room so she could start sleeping on that. All of her brothers had moved out of the crib at an earlier age, but since she's our youngest, I was keeping her in it as long as she'd stay. So far she's actually been really good about staying in bed when we put her there at bedtime. Last night wasn't as fun when she decided she needed to be awake from midnight until about 3:30 (and I finally got her to go to sleep in my bed), but she's been good other times.
With as cold and wet as this spring has been, it's nice to have some reminders at times that it actually is springtime. That's one reason I love the tulips I planted last fall. Here are a few pictures of my youngest 3 checking them out and smelling them:



The Easter Bunny came to our house on Saturday morning. The boys were very excited and couldn't wait to be able to go down and see what he brought them, but were pretty patient waiting for everyone to wake up. And Abby was very excited to go down when her brothers told her there would be candy there. The Easter Bunny morning always seems to be a bit of a let-down to me because it takes about 10 minutes for the kids to check out all their stuff and then find all the eggs hidden in the house. They do seem to enjoy it while it lasts though.
Here are a few pictures of the kids checking out their Easter goodies:
Saturday was a busy day though. Alex and I had to leave for his soccer game right after they were finished looking for eggs (they lost, but they usually do). Then I had to take Ben and Alex to the store to get a present for their friend Kyle, who had invited them to his birthday party. I totally get my mom's frustrations with kids who can't make up their minds after that trip. It took them forever to pick something out for him. Chris was feeling a little left out because he hadn't been invited to the party, so after they left, I took him on a mother/son date and we did his favorite thing to do on an outing like that; we went bowling. It is pretty entertaining to watch him bowl. But I need to remember not to pre-pay for 3 games and just stick to 2. He started getting a little bored halfway through the 3rd. But that was party because he really wanted to try his luck at the claw machine and try to get the yellow dolphin he saw there. I decided to let him try, figuring I could show him how those machines really just waste your money, then he actually won the dolphin. I think that was his favorite part of the whole day.
Here's Chris bowling:

Chris just had a busy weekend. He was really excited when on Sunday he lost his first tooth! He didn't even wait until bedtime before he put his tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. And he's been carrying his money around with him all morning today.
Here he is without his tooth, and holding the tooth in a bag:
So there are a few pictures of our week. Thrilling life, I know. :)
1 comment:
Hope everyone is feeling all the way better, no fun to be sick. Great pictures, thanks for posting them. :)
Post a Comment