Thursday, July 24, 2008

An Update

Just in case you were wondering, and even if you weren't, I thought I'd do a post today to give an update on some conditions.

This is the 4th day Ozzy has been on Rimadyl. He's still limping a bit, but doesn't seem to have as hard of a time sitting down and standing up. He's also seemed to have a lot more energy. When we let him in the house, he gets all excited and runs around and tries to get someone to play with him. It had been a while since he'd had a good case of the zoomies, so it's nice to see him feeling well.

I'm on day 3 from my crown lengthening and the swelling is starting to go down a bit. Still hurts, but not quite as bad and frozen peas and drugs help a lot. Bryce calls me his "little chipmunk wife" and makes fun of the funny way I've been talking. Nice to know someone is getting some entertainment out of all this. :)

I took Daniel to a Quick Care last night so that I could let Bryce still take the van and wouldn't have to sit and wonder if I should take him to the doctor. He has another ear infection. The doctor said it's even bulging a bit. So he's started on yet another round of antibiotics (he stopped the last one a week and a half ago) and should hopefully feel better soon.

4 comments:

Jared and Lisa said...

Do you think your regular Pediatrician will recommend tubes for his ears or something? It's got to be frustrating to just have him on antibiotic one after another. Hope things go better for you soon.

Stacey said...

I wouldn't be surprised, although when I took him in last time, his doctor said they kind of drag their feet for things like that in the summer. I'm waiting now to hear back from the doctor's office about the rash he's developed. We think it's either the Omnicef (antibiotic) or eggs, since we gave him both at the same time and he threw up and he did throw up the last time we gave him eggs too.

Jared and Lisa said...

oh boy, common food allergen too. What luck. Let me know what you find out.

Stacey said...

Yeah, Chris has a slight allergy to egg whites, along with even slighter allergies to wheat and cow's milk, so it wouldn't surprise me to have another kid with that too. The doctor said to keep watching him for reactions to the medication, like spreading, swelling, etc. So we wait and see.