At the end of July, we went to Utah to visit family and to go to the family reunion. While we were there, we took the kids to Temple Square to see things, since we hadn't done that with them before. They had a good time. Here are some pictures:





Shortly before school started, Ben and Alex both learned how to ride their bikes. They hadn't really wanted to try, but I finally fixed the tire on one of our smaller bikes (yes, I did all by myself) and they were willing to try on that one, after I bugged them about it enough. It really only took them each a couple of minutes to figure it out, and now they love riding their bikes all over. I have videos of them riding, but not still pictures, so you'll just have to imagine it.
Then school started on August 18th for Ben and Alex. Ben was going into the 3rd grade with Mrs. Roderick as his teacher, and Alex was going into the 1st grade with Mrs. Escutia as his teacher. They were both pretty excited for school to start, but not so excited for me to take their picture on the first day of school.

A couple of weeks after Ben and Alex started school, Chris had his 5th birthday and then started preschool a few days after. He actually could have started Kindergarten this year, but with his birthday being the day before the cutoff, we thought it would be best to hold him back a year. So far he loves preschool and says he's the smartest one in his class, which is probably true, since he can already read a little bit.



We had a big day during Labor Day weekend. Ben was baptized! We had lots of family come up for it, which he loved. He said his favorite part was being in the water because it was warm, so he didn't mind when he had to do it twice. His friend Jayden was baptized the same day and he had to do it twice too, so Ben thought that was pretty fun. Thanks to everyone who came up and made it even more special for him!

I think I'll end this one now and post pictures from Halloween and Christmas and Alex's birthday later after I upload the pictures from my new camera to the computer. Hopefully it won't take 5 months. :)
2 comments:
Seriously, why do moms make kids stand for first day of school pictures facing right into the sun? Cruel.
So glad you posted all those pictures! We can see how much they have grown!
Post a Comment